Friday, June 15, 2007

On Joining the Club . . .

I liked reading over the 25 love/hate lists that have been posted lately on Cassidy's and Venom's blogs. So, I'm joining suit. But 25 is a bit much for my attention span. I'm giving you Mo's top ten loves/hates!

Love
1. Abinidi! (and the whole Book of Mormon)
2. Photography
3. J.D. Salinger
4. Poetry that moves your soul/Intellectual discussions
5. Lawrence of Arabia
6. Relaxing on the grass, looking up at the stars.
7. Tagalog
8. The Philippines, Filipinos, Pagkaing Filipino (Mabuhay!)
9. Alec Guiness and Jimmy Stewart (a tie) and one more Jimmy Stewart clip.
10. Riding a bike (Thanks again, Katie-Alice!)

Hate
1. Passive-Agressiveness
2. Saturday's Warrior
3. Heavy-handedness (in art, music, etc.) -- anything over-obvious that pretends to be deep.
4. Liberal extemists
5. Conservative extremists
6. Objectification of men and women
7. The new Pride and Prejudice
8. Green olives
9. Obsessions with food, exercise, budgeting, planning, etc. -- good things that in excess blur people into insecure robots.
10. Images photoshopped beyond all recognition.

6 comments:

Rachel Jan said...

number three hate...joe ostraff once said "if God were a little glowing cottage in the woods, i'm sure thats exactly what he would look like."

Vanessa Swenson said...

I wish I could play tennis this week, MO. I'm so crazy busy getting ready for Europe, that I'm just trying to have enough time to pack. Ahhh!
But we'll play when I get back. But don't worry, Gretchen should know where my racket is.

Cassidy said...

There is nothing in my mind worse than Passive-Agressiveness! Thanks for the shout out.

Myra Bybee said...

Good lists! I love photography, Abinadi,riding bikes and J.D. Salinger. And I hate everything on your list,but green olives.

Michelle said...

How can you hate green olives? I feel you on the love list. love Abinadi as well. Can't wait to finish Franny and Zooey when I come back out. Can't wait to have more discussions on aesthetics vs. symbolism.

Michelle said...

Oh, and hate all those nasty PA's as well. We have had many talks on that. I go for straight out passive. As you well know.