Monday, December 30, 2013

Cleaning with Sammy . . .

Today, trying to fit Sammy's newly received books onto his bookshelf: 

Sammy: "Scriptures . . . "

Me: (Noticing the triple combination sitting on one of his shelves.) "Oh yeah, scriptures. Good job, Sammy!"

Sammy: (Grabbing scriptures off the shelf, then seating himself on his red wooden chair, and opening them.) "And it came to pass . . . "

I was a little bit floored. Our scripture reading times have not been super consistent, and they usually happen just before Sammy's bedtime, usually while WWIII ensues on the changing table. It's nice to know Sammy's listening and remembering things after all.

(Non-Mormon friends, "and it came to pass" is a very common phrase in the Book of Mormon. The triple combination is the shorter way of referring to the book that contains all three unique-to-Mormons scriptures: The Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and The Pearl of Great Price.)

2 comments:

Cheryln52 said...

So awesome! But, I'm not really surprised!

Cecily Jane said...

That is the most adorable thing I've ever heard.