Thursday, August 2, 2007

Lydia Comes Home with Potter 7

Evening July 20th. Lydia, Vanessa, Chris, Becca, and I head out to Borders. A few hours later, just a few minutes till 1 a.m. July 21st, Lydia arrived home triumphant, Harry Potter 7 in tote.




"Enough of this torture! I want to read!" Lydia exclaimed at the aspiring young photographer intent on capturing the historic moment. "Just a few more . . . " was the only reply.


Which of the billion casualties was taking place here . . . ? Lydia is concerned.
And the night continued on with me listening to the opening chapter and a half before falling asleep on the other couch.

3 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

I <3 HP and the fun that we had that night: Wait, where's the car? Where are you guys? Maybe try pulling forward a little bit. No still can't see you, keep driving, keep driving...

Myra Bybee said...

ha ha, that is some great documenting of such an historical moment!

Lydia and Josh said...

you amaze me. thanks for letting me be your subject!