Tuesday, September 18, 2012

French Fries . . .

My husband and I realized a couple days ago that some of our favorite eating-out joints make our favorites list simply because of their amazing french fries. Obviously we love our health foods . . . ;)

Nonetheless for your palate's pleasure, our top three french fry picks.



Top of the list is the Nordstrom Bistro. We probably would never have eaten there if my husband hadn't worked at Nordstrom, but now we're glad we gave it a try. The fries taste like really good potatoes - lightly fried and coated with herbs and a touch of salt. We both agree the fries are amazing, but we're split over the fry dip. We're not sure what it's made of, but I really like it - it reminds me of capers and really good Greek food - but my husband thinks it's nasty. So there's your head's up.

Second on the list is Station 22 Café.


The fries are battered and cooked on the spot for you. The taste of potato is really well balanced with the seasonings. Our favorite thing about these fries is the crunch on the outside and the delicious potato on the inside. Good with or without sauce.

Third, we like Five Guys fries.


These fries taste like potatoes. They're pretty bare-bones. Not much salt, no seasonings. Just really fresh potatoes fried for you on the spot. You can salt them to your own taste. They also have tasty fry sauce.

Obviously, we like our fries to still taste like potatoes. What are your favorite french fry picks?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh. They all look so amazing.

My favorite fries used to be at Claim Jumpers. I don't know if they are still the same, (Or even if the restaurant is still in business in my old neighborhood) but I remember them tasting so, so good.

just a little bit mo said...

I haven't eaten at Claim Jumpers but if I'm ever out your neck of California again, I'll give them a try.