Example: a little something I made myself for breakfast.
You're right. The photo doesn't really do anything for me either. But wait till you hear what's in it!!!
I call this smoothie the Smoothie Sundae . . . or at least I do now.
1 C yogurt (I use vanilla yogurt)
1 C (or so) frozen strawberries
1 banana
1 Tbls unsweetened cocoa
Sugar to taste (Optional. I don't add any, but I also realize some of you may use plain yogurt)
Blend these ingredients together in the blender. These quantities make enough to share with someone else. Start with maybe 1/2 C strawberries then add more to make the smoothie thicker (I like mine thick enough to be eaten with a spoon) or don't add more to keep it runnier and more drink-like.
The cocoa adds a kind of dark chocolate flavor to the mix, while also adding a bunch of nutrients. Also, if you don't really like dark chocolate, you could start by adding less cocoa to begin. Or, if you want this to be über dark, add more. (The most I've done at one go is 2 Tbls, which I liked but was too much for Jon's taste, so I've backed off.)
Make it even more nutrient-rich by throwing in a few leaves of your favorite leafy green.
Voila! A prole gets her breakfast.

No comments:
Post a Comment