Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sometimes I think I'm sooo funny

I don't know if my penchant for puns comes from my dad and if this in-born appreciation was merely nurtured by serving a mission in the pun-lovin' Philippines, or if far more mysterious forces are at work. Whatever the reason, I found myself cracking up at a pun I thought of last night.

This is (roughly) the conversation (including my brilliant and hilarious pun) that Jon and I had last night.

Jon: Modern day tae kwon do is kind of useless. It's all about competition fighting and scoring points.
Me: haha! If only you knew Tagalog.
Jon: (ignoring my obvious set-up to tell him why I wished he knew Tagalog) Yeah, it's pretty lame for a martial art. It wouldn't do you any good for self-defense . . .
Me: (clearing the throat) You haven't let me tell you why you should know Tagalog!
Jon: (pausing)
Me: Because instead of being Tae [pronounced: tie] kwon do, it would be Tae [pronounced: ta-e] kwon do! hahaha!
Jon: Yes . . . and that would be so much better . . .
Me: It would mean "crap kwon do." (laughing and figurative knee-slapping continue)

My question this morning: When did 10:30 at night become late enough for that pun to be funny?

Oh dear.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I love you. bahahha.