Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dear John letters of all Dear John letters

Brought to us by DearElder.com.

Check these out. They make you laugh, they make you cry (some of the girls who write the letters got engaged within a week of meeting the new guy), and they make you wonder just how full of themselves people can be sometimes (you kind of hope they're joking).

Again: DearElder.com. Click on it, you know you want to. And I'm also interested to know which are your personal favorites of the bunch.

Mine is the one starting "Dear Elder Mills" and ending with "Manny Handshakes, Sister Winterton (Rachel)." A true classic.

7 comments:

Thirdmango said...

Oh gosh these are infuriatingly amazing! I'm starting to dry hurl halfway into the one where she met the guy on ldsmingle in spain and they prayed over the phone to be married. Ugh.

Thirdmango said...

if by chance we end up getting divorced we can always try to work things out later.

Holy smokes!

Myra Bybee said...

oh man! These are too insane! I can't believe some of these are real! Maybe people just made them up....but maybe not. I guess I wouldn't put it past some people. I was very amused for an hour of work reading these.

Thirdmango said...

I'm reading more of them now and the thing I just can't wrap my mind around is the "Sorry but it turns out I'm dating your brother, we're in love we want you to be happy."

I don't understand these people thinking that it'll totally be fine to rip a family apart like that.

Lauren said...

Ha! These are hilarious, in a sad (I wish they weren't real) kind of way! To be honest, I can't imagine these are all true, bonified letters. But, I bet some of them are.

just a little bit mo said...

I have to admit, I'm not so sure all of the "dear Johns" are real, but let's be honest . . . most of the girls writing are freshmen-aged (or younger) girls, so that could also account for the heartlessness in a lot of these letters.

Lauren said...

True. Ha, and I'm not gonna lie, if they're that heartless, are they really mature enough to be getting married at all??