Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Eve and Photographing the Provo Temple

Mother's Day gifts. We all have mothers. We all seek to find the meaningful and neatly (or perhaps not-so-neatly) packaged present that entitles the bestower of said gift to a mom-hug. Such was the case for one, John Hurst. Friday afternoon I received a text from the same, and using textbook Preach My Gospel commitment technique, he asked me to photograph the Provo temple before sunrise on Saturday morning. 5:00 a.m. Yes, in the morning. No need to double check the time typed in above. He even promised me blessings. You see, his mother wants a photograph of the Provo temple. The result? the two photographs in this post. And a killer Mother's Day gift, if I do say so myself. Good thinking John.

The greatest difficulty, aside from getting up that early, was finding the best angles to photograph from. Something that would give a fresh look at the temple, but still show it to its best. Anyway, take a look and let me know what you think.

7 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

man, these are great photos. the front, left one looks like something you'd see on lds.org and the one from the rear (front? facing east) overlooking the lake is something i'd hang on my wall.
AWESOME JOB MO!!!

Vanessa Swenson said...

in fact, the picture facing the lake makes me not so sad about the fact that the spire is white now. it's a beautiful shot.

just a little bit mo said...

Thanks, V. I'm glad you like them.

Michelle said...

Wow! You were not kidding these shots are great. I want you to read my blog. Just the one a shoes. Tell me what you think, Master MO.

Unknown said...

I love the second one over looking the valley. Mostly because the colors are so beautiful and the angle is completely unique. Nice work!

Lydia and Josh said...

bee-you-tea-full!

Myra Bybee said...

Wow these are amazing! I really loves these photos!You should talk to desert book about working for them!