
As I was moving all my stuff out of Yellow House to move into mine and Jon's new apartment, I came across bits of nostalgia scattered amidst hair brushes and old cough drop wrappers. One such was found in the pocket of my green corduroy jacket.

This, my blog-reading friends, is the scrap of paper that Lydia (written here "Lydian" -- although it will be backwards to you) first wrote down her phone number. This is the earliest written proof of when Lydia and I became friends. Crazy to think. Her number is different now and soon we'll be living again on opposite sides of the country. Her hair is darker now and mine shorter than when we met. She's traveled all over the world, and I've nearly finished a degree. We've driven across the country together and laid plans for starting a photography business. I got married and she took the brilliant photographs. All of it branching from this folded corner torn from an auto service center ad.
Blog post part two: Jordan and my guitar strap
Jordan Harker called a while back wanting to borrow my guitar strap for a movie he was making. That was all I knew. Here, a scholarship contest finalist, is the result.
3 comments:
aww I don't even remember writing my number on said scrap of paper. I do remember thinking, "I am going to be friends with her" and then I forced you to let me come with you to photograph that wedding. But I'm so glad I did! Also your guitar strap was integral to that video.
Love the new design. Feels casual.
I would like to say two things.
1) You got married and didn't post anything about it.
2) You got married and didn't post anythign about it.
The end.
Post a Comment