Since starting my photography blog, I've gotten a lot of differing feedback on what kinds of photography I should include on it. Some say I should keep it strictly to weddings and start yet another blog for all my other photography. Others, say I should post all my photography on the photography website so that it's all in one place --just make sure each post is labeled so someone could easily find weddings, engagements, landscape, fine art, etc, with a click of a button.
I'm not too hot on the idea of creating yet another blog, so I've decided to turn to you, my perspicacious blog-readers. There's a poll you can take in the sidebar to voice your opinion. If you have any other ideas for how to make my blog even better, funner, easier to use, more exciting, please feel free to leave me comments. I want to make the new blog as awesome as I possibly can.
2 comments:
Definitely definitely definitely keep it all in one place. People hire photographers not just based on their talent, but also on their personality and who they are as a person. I don't include snapshots (or pictures of my boyfriend for that matter) on my photography blog, but my family frequently makes an appearance and pictures from Italy, etc. People LOVE seeing travel pictures. I've had random strangers tell me they hired me because they felt like we were in a similar situation in life, young, traveling a lot, etc. SO yeah, keep it all in one place :).
Oh, and definitely keep it neatly labeled, I HATE it when photogs don't have everything categorized. Because I travel so much I've also organized the appropriate on-location shoots by state or city (like NorCal or Utah or Houston) so it makes it easier for future clients to pick a location of their own.
Post a Comment