Monday, January 31, 2011

What to Keep, What Not Keep . . . (a.k.a. A Nod to Reality TV)

Everyday this past week (and continuing through this week), I've worn a piece of clothing from my "haven't touched it for a year but could still be good" collection. With feedback from co-workers and husband and other random friends alike, these are the results thus far, listed by day (feel free to share your own thoughts):


Tuesday: This satiny red and blue number was overwhelmingly voted down.



Wednesday: Thumbs up all around on this camel-colored sweater.



Thursday: Thumbs up again on this short-waisted embellished sweater. I'd forgotten how much I like the sleeves.



Friday: Rounding out the week, a light-weight blue/green sweater from J. Jill. The reviews on this one were mixed, but ultimately this one got a "No."

The pics of me wearing my craziest of clothing items will continue. Let me know what you think.

I mean, I know we have a wealth of fashion wisdom from which to draw: Project Runway, What Not to Wear, How Do I Look, Extreme Makeover, and dozens more that I have never seen nor heard of are all part of reality TV's fashion-o-sphere. But sometimes, Michael Kors' obscure celebrity references just aren't enough to guide me in my day-to-day fashion decisions. And sometimes, Stacey and Clinton are just dead wrong.

In a nod to that rich heritage, but more so to involve friends in far-off lands like Salt Lake, Arizona, and even Colorado (and elsewhere), but mostly to get some fresh opinions, I ask: What should I keep? And, what should I throw out?

3 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

I loved this post.
That is all.

Unknown said...

You know I love fashion. Not that I am particularly "fashionable" (I find that term to be so arbitrary) but I love T.V. shows like What Not to Wear...perhaps inexplicably. Nevertheless, I've learned to be a lot more open-minded about people's style choices (or probably less judgmental)! My only question is, am I missing something with the first red and blue number? I kind of think it looks cute on you. Maybe it's the pattern? Looks kind of leopard-printy...

Lydia and Josh said...

My favorite was Thursdays. I look forward to more posts about this.