Actually not. I apologize profusely for anyone who feels let down. HOWEVER, I have embarked on an experiment! Just . . . not on terror. My experiment is on fuel efficiency. Does keeping your speed below 55 mph really equate to more money in your pocket?
The hubs and I overspent our gas budget in November by $50. About middle-end of December I searched Google for gas-saving tips. I came across several tip-listing websites. All of them said - "keep speed under 55 mph." Frankly, I've heard it before, innumerable times in my lifetime even. But I've never actually given it a try.
So now I'm gonna give it go. Luckily my decision comes at a time when most of the freeway I use is under construction and the actual limit is 55. Still debating on whether I really want to push my luck driving under the limit in the non-construction zones . . . thoughts?

1 comment:
My cars have always gotten the best gas mileage when I was using cruise control, even if exceeding 55. If you go 55 in the 65 zone you're going to tick a lot of road rage drivers off! ha ha, but maybe that could be fun for a day or two. Good luck on your experiment and be sure to post your unbiased results!
Post a Comment