Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012 admission that I should blog more, baby, AND things I learned and didn't learn in 2011

First and foremost: I should be better about blogging. New year, new hopes.

Last year my blogging was cut short by . . . you guessed it! (or maybe you didn't) . . . pregnancy. I didn't really want to blog about my roller-coastery pregnant life and I couldn't continue my posts about clothes to keep or toss out since they temporarily didn't fit me anymore. Mostly, I didn't want to draw attention to myself. Forgive me if you were out of the loop and send me an email if you want more info about baby and me.

Now for (a few) things I learned in 2011:

  • Insurance really is important. I knew this in theory before, of course, but a month-long $125,000 NICU stay helped me realize just how important it is.
  • "Psych" is a really funny show . . . I'm still not sure about "Dr. Who" but I haven't given Season 2 much of a go yet.
  • Not all fruit snacks are created equal . . . and some brands are downright disgusting. My favorite fruit snack brand? The part of me that likes to buy local hates to admit it, but Member's Mark from Sam's Club makes a great fruit snack.
  • I'm a wannabe foodie. I've started really enjoying dives into locally-owned restaurants. That's something you may hear more about in future blogs (if I keep up the blogging momentum that is). In case I don't make any more posts on the topic: try out Station 22 Cafe on Center Street in Provo. You will not regret it.
  • You can still run 5Ks and go biking while pregnant. But if you are biking, make sure you wear a long enough shirt or you may have a moment like Gus-gus in Cinderella where your shirt comes rolling up over your belly.
Things I didn't learn:
  • Why Provo finds it necessary to have blinking yellow left-turn arrows alongside the green traffic lights. I always thought a green light meant that you yield on left turns anyway. Anyone else find this redundant?
  • How to turn down a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie.
  • The art of freezer meals.
  • Why people stick to their agendas over common sense.
Well, I hope this has been a fun and not preachy re-cap/summary/insightful look-in on my past year. To those of you who still have faith in me and read my blog . . . bravo! I dedicate this entry to you!

3 comments:

Lydia and Josh said...

I believe in you and I want more blog posts. I blogged too recently. :)

Cambria said...

Congrats! I had no idea you had a baby! Is it a boy or girl?!

nateandrebecca said...

How did I miss that you had a baby? Sheesh! Congratulations!