Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Monetizing

All bloggers at some point or another are faced with the question "to monetize, or not to monetize?" That is swiftly followed by the equally, if not more penetrating question: "What ads would google think are 'relevant' to my blog?" Would I end up with embarrassing personal hygiene type ads because those are what most of the ads are? Or cutesy scrapbooky ads since I'm a Mormon woman and scrapbooky ads tend to find a way onto Mormon mom blogs? Would they be ads about finding God, since I've posted a couple times about my mission? Or since the majority of my blog posts were from my single days, would I get ads that lead people to online dating sites? To quote the blogspot monetizing paragraph . . . "AdSense works by matching text and image ads to your blog, based on your content and visitors."


Just sayin', there's a lot to consider. And thus, my friends, you still find my blog ad-free. ;)

1 comment:

The Garcias said...

I say go for it! What's the worst that could happen?..................