I apologize. The new background is a far cry from where we were before on this blog. But, wanting to shake things up, I've gone citrus. Feedback, please!
Too garish. It offends the eye... But the real problem (from a design standpoint) is that your background is brighter than your text/posts, so all the focus is drawn to the background instead of what you've written. The background just might be passable if the gray behind the posts was a white or off-white yellow/greenish color.
(Also, I read all these posts a while ago, I'm just now getting around to commenting. Sorry I'm so slow!)
My wife doesn't really like the plain green behind your blog title. She thinks it looks a little weird overtop the textured background. I don't think it's a huge issue, but if you wanted to play with things more, it'd be fun to add a cool photo or design behind the text.
Customizing these templates (beyond switching colors and throwing in some very basic html) is a bit out of my skill set. The blogger presets don't give me an option (at least that I can see) for adding pictures or graphics . . . hmm.
6 comments:
Too garish. It offends the eye... But the real problem (from a design standpoint) is that your background is brighter than your text/posts, so all the focus is drawn to the background instead of what you've written. The background just might be passable if the gray behind the posts was a white or off-white yellow/greenish color.
(Also, I read all these posts a while ago, I'm just now getting around to commenting. Sorry I'm so slow!)
More like the sidebar!!! (Sorry just noticed, had to scroll back up)
Thanks for the feedback. I've decided to go to a white background for the posts and off-white on the sidebar. What think ye?
MUCH better, thank you!
My wife doesn't really like the plain green behind your blog title. She thinks it looks a little weird overtop the textured background. I don't think it's a huge issue, but if you wanted to play with things more, it'd be fun to add a cool photo or design behind the text.
Customizing these templates (beyond switching colors and throwing in some very basic html) is a bit out of my skill set. The blogger presets don't give me an option (at least that I can see) for adding pictures or graphics . . . hmm.
You find the image/pattern/graphic and send me the HTML and I can try to figure it out for you...
Post a Comment