Monday, October 29, 2012

Sammy's Towers of Trash

My own personal philosophy is that kids (and adults too) need play time but not necessarily billions of toys. What's better than building blocks? With those thoughts in mind, I decided to stop throwing away the cereal boxes that have been filling our bin. (Now that I'm constantly packing little snacks in the diaper bag, we go through boxes insanely fast.)

It started with two boxes. I taped up the corners to ensure a little extra durability. The boxes are brightly-colored and lightweight, just what I was looking for. Now after a few weeks we've collected enough to have some fun. (We also threw in a couple empty tissue boxes. Why not?) Play time is now spent constructing towers whose sole purpose in creation is to be knocked over and laughed at by a one-year-old.

Please appreciate the difficulty in capturing the following pictures:


Hastily-constructed tower of boxes.


Sammy approacheth . . .



Young as he is, he's already learned it's best to go for the foundation first.



Work finished . . .



 . . . he leaves the scene of the crime.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lol, sometimes I really wonder why I buy toys when my girls want to play with empty chip bags and scraps of fabric... :)

Unknown said...

Oh gosh, I agree 100% about the toys. Most of the toys Pippa has are from in-laws because I hate having piles of toys laying around. However, I do like having lots of books, and luckily Pippa likes it too. (And Micah :-) awesome idea with the cereal boxes!