Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Yes!



Four years ago this day I said, "Yes!"

Not to any politician . . . Not to any amendment . . .

Rather, to an awesome man who wanted to marry me.

Best decision I've ever made. I'm tempted to write a very, very long post about my husband . . . but I'll sum it up with these eight points of gratitude:

He lets me put my cold hands under his shirt to warm them up.

He eats whatever I cook, so long as there are no walnuts or avocados in it.

He's never shot me when after a bad day I've asked him to.

He plays with Sammy.

He doesn't waste our time together on video and computer games even though after a bad day, I know he's tempted.

He read J.D. Salinger and Roald Dahl with me in the NICU as I tried to forget the pressure I was under to nurse our newborn baby.

He sings for me on demand.

He makes up stories for me when I can't fall asleep, even though I know he hates the pressure to be spontaneously creative. (You know I was happy with the scene by scene retelling of Ghostbusters . . . )

So Jonathan, for all this and more, thank you.

UPDATE: Changed the picture. The one I had up before was driving me nuts even before I posted it. Blog post of gratitude to anyone who can say where we were when this was taken!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just so you know, I am enjoying all of these posts. I did a post every day last November and it was fun, even on the days where I just said random crap.

I'm guessing this picture was taken near some American government building. DO I WIN!?

just a little bit mo said...

@Betsy - Close but no cigar! PS: Glad to hear you may be returning to BYU! Fantastic!