1) In spirit, dear readers.
Really. I'm with you in spirit.
I think about you often and miss reading your posts, responding to them, and enjoying your photos/videos. I also miss receiving your insights in return. Unfortunately, Little One transitioned down to one nap a day, equalling slim time for posts.
2) The latest and greatest from the homefront: little guy took his first steps! Check him out!
![]() |
| Not his very first step, but one of them! |
3) I am now an advisor for the 16-18 year old girls at church. This means I lead discussions about once a month and join in all kinds of activities. . . all kinds. I was skeptical how much I would like this role or how much I would "fit in" with the other leaders. (I remember turning to my husband shortly after receiving the call and saying, "But I don't dress cutesy enough for this . . .. ") But, I've been accepted and welcomed into the fold - it has been refreshing and spiritually invigorating.
4) Christmas-giving home run!!! I chose to give Jon a gift that was not listed on his wishlist. A bold move, but I was feeling pretty daring. I gave him an electric guitar and a PS3 game to go with it that teaches you how to play it. It's been awesome. He can already play some really difficult pieces.
Till I can sneak another 30-40 unclaimed, guilt-free minutes . . .

4 comments:
Transitional phases are the hardest. I remember when Preston quit napping (right before Wyatt was born) I cried for days. Then they get older and things are not so hard.
I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon enough and you'll magically have a little extra time for yourself.
It's great that you were able to get the guitar box in the picture to subtly queue up the next news item in the same picture. Also, it is just a great picture.
haha! Tim, you're exactly right. It was because I saw the box in the background of Sammy's picture that I decided to post about it.
What I think is that 16-18 girls need SIGNIFICANTLY less of the cutesy and need exactly what you have to offer them. We've done our young women a disservice long enough in this regard.
More MO, less condescending "cutesy."
Post a Comment