Monday, March 18, 2013

One Step Forward for Womankind . . .


Or at least, it was a great step forward for me. At the grocery store last week I did something incomparably brave . . .

I didn't choose the nonfat yogurt. No, I didn't even choose the lowfat yogurt. For the first time ever, I chose the "Original Style," i.e. whole fat, yogurt.

It was the greatest step I've taken thus far to act on some recently changing food paradigms. I just realized that fat percent doesn't matter as much as I used to think. (There are obvious exceptions to this, but I'm talking about fat count in foods that are generally accepted as healthful . . . like yogurt.)

I've decided to put the following idea to the test: eating foods higher in fats and protein (of course mixed in with fruits, veggies, whole grains, etc) will help me feel fuller longer.

The reason this was such a big step for me? I grew up thinking lowfat and nonfat were the only options for intelligent people. And, since I like to think I'm intelligent, why would I ever choose anything different?

Time will tell whether this was a wise or a rash decision. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the new sensation and creamy texture that is full-fat yogurt.


PS: Forgive the lazy photography. This image actually is in-focus, but I didn't adjust the depth-of-field to get the entire wordage on the container sharp. Note the blurry field down the middle of the container. That part was closer to my camera than the "M" I had selected as my point of focus. I just didn't feel like taking another photo once I had already sat down to write this post. Next time I promise a good photo.

1 comment:

Cambria said...

I . . .LOVE. . .THAT. . .YOGURT!!!! I'm a yogurt fanatic and full-fat is all the way. Boo-ya. If you ever come across Zoi yogurt--high fat and true heaven.