Here are a few examples: (As you may assume, I don't own the copyrights to any of these. Thus if you would like to own a calendar or mug with any or all of these images, simply visit the website noted on most of these images.)
![]() |
| This one's creepy . . . why must we squash baby into a sack? |
Many of you may be able to guess my thoughts on these images, despite the perfectly-pinchable cuteness of the babies and admirable photo technique. (Don't think that I hate these images. I don't. They just feel a bit too controlled - I like baby pictures to feel more spontaneous.)
Because of that, imagine my joy (yes, joy!!!) when I was introduced to the perfect photographic counterpoint of these images: vegetation-bedecked old folks in natural settings.
These lovely, playful images were created by Riittai Konen and Karoline Hjorth. Follow their link (seriously, do!) to find even more images they are currently putting together.
These pictures make me smile. Here are a handful for you to admire, appreciate:
I love this old lady with a wreath of branches on her head. I also like that they gave one man a beard of babies'-breath.
Finally, a photo credited to Anne Geddes that made me chuckle. This has got to be what it's like most of the time on her set -- crying and distracted babies in every pot.














3 comments:
Thank you for posting these photos! They really made my day. I have to correct you, though. I think the babies breath is actually chest hair instead of a beard. Just saying. :)
Well thanks to Angela from "The Office" we have a personality to go with those people who enjoy babies posed in unnatural, creepy ways.
I love the old people with vegetation. Makes me wish I thought of it. Dang.
Yessssss.
Post a Comment