- Sammy often goes around singing "La-Da-didl-da-da-Da-Da" to the tune of Vivaldi's "Spring." (I posted incorrectly on Facebook for those of you who read that update.) Click on the video. The part he sings starts about 0:35.
- He says "oosh" instead of "shoe." And "oaf" instead of "phone." Adorable dyslexic pronunciations. Oh, and bananas are "deedle-deedle-deedles."
- Sammy's favorite game has been peek-a-boo or any variant thereof. For example, sometimes we'll just be sitting around and suddenly he'll hide his face behind his hands. This is my cue to say, "Where is Sammy? I can't see him anywhere." At which point, he pops his head out and we both have a good laugh.
- When we go out to play in the front yard, Sammy constantly tries to run past me to get out to the sidewalk, and perhaps the street. I stand in his way, and basketball defense-style I slide along to keep him from being able to get by. Frustrated one day, Sammy tried a different tactic. He put his hands up in front of his face (remember from the last bullet point, that "I can't see him" when he does that) and charged forward. Part of me was tempted to reward his creativity by letting him out onto the sidewalk, but . . . safety first! I could still see him, and thus kept him safely corralled in the yard.
- He loves going on walks outside. Many mornings after he's finished his "ood" (food) and "gurt" (yogurt) he'll start saying "waaaht" and knocking on our sliding back door.
- When I say "Hugs!" and spread open my arms, Sammy comes running to give me a big hug.
- For several months now, when he's playing at the railing near our stairs, he'll pause with his face between two bars and pucker up for me to come give him a kiss.
- Lately, he's been trotting around a lot more - one arm extended in front of him and the other pulled in close to his body. Adorable.
Just had to get these written down.
Mo out.
No comments:
Post a Comment