It's tough.
That being said, just know that the backstory and sidestories to what I'm about to tell you make what I'm about to tell you all the more remarkable and, yes, miraculous.
November 2012 through May2013, I lost 50 pounds. I've maintained it for a month. And now that I'm playing basketball a couple times a week with some ward buddies, I'm losing a little more every week.
I'm not sharing this to guilt any of my fellow moms into shedding baby weight. I'm not sharing this because I think I look all that much better (I liked myself before, too). It's just something that I've been chipping away at for goals and reasons that can only be found in my backstory and sidestories. ;)
I don't have any official "before" and "after" photos to show you. But, a good friend tells me, "people will want to see!"
Here's the best I can rustle up:
![]() |
| This is from May, just after purchasing the exhibited shirt at the Beehive Bazaar. |
I don't think I look all that much different between these two photos. But, I sure as heck feel better and stronger.
Also, I went from running over 11 minute miles over a 5-mile run, to running under 10 minute miles. And now I can do more push-ups (military-style or boy-style) than I could before. That's the real point of this story. :)
That is all.


3 comments:
"That is all" my foot! You are AWESOME!!! and sooo inspiring! I am right there with you gal! (except I still can't do very many boy-style pushups. I'm all about the knees!). I have found that maintaining the weight loss requires an entirely different set of mental powers. I'm going on keeping the weight off just over a year now, but I have fluctuated up as high as 10 lbs over that year. I got back down to my target level about 2 weeks ago, but that was before the 2 week vacation to visit family. So I'm up again and watching what I eat. Why is it sooo much easier to put it on than take it off? :P I use the weight as a measurable guide (who wants to pull out the tape measure nightly?), but the biggest pay off to me is how healthy I FEEL when I can run and not be weary AND when I KNOW I look good in my clothes. There is just nothing like loving the way you feel to increase confidence and... flirtatiousness! ;P
You look great, Mo! Definitely inspiring. When I am done with this pregnancy I could definitely do with a 50 lb weight loss, so thanks for sharing!
as gorgeous as ever! I am glad you feel so good!
Post a Comment