Just so you know, John, my streak of nonconformity has not ended. I will prove it by not tagging anyone else through this post, and in a couple weeks promptly deleting this entry. With that happy preface, here it is just for you!
1. 10 years ago I was 14. My family had just decided NOT to move to New York, after all. And I was preparing for the upcoming Lady Dons 9th grade basketball tryouts (as well as for my subsequent drafting into the WNBA).
2. 5 years ago I was a freshman at BYU, living with a most interesting roommate. (I tell you, avoid roommate roulette like you would a case of dengue fever!) And I was taking ice skating lessons. (I could actually do spins!)
3. 1 year ago I was living in Sherwood Down. I was Relief Society president, working part time at the MTC, and taking way too many credits . . . but I did make some good photographs in the meantime.
4. Yesterday I went to my school and FHE. I finished my Art History exam! Clarified some lifetime choices with my Mom and had some good conversation with old friends.
5. 5 snacks I enjoy. Hummus with rye crackers, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, white grape juice, Gouda with anything, cinnamon bears.
6. 5 things I would do if I suddenly had $100 million- pay tithing, give $85,000,000 to my family, start a scholarship fund for Norwegian-American Tagalog-speakers, buy all the photography equipment I could possibly ever want, and travel to Tibet, Mongolia, and the Philippines.
7. 5 locations I would like to run away to; Tibet, Mongolia, the Philippines, Maine, and Norway.
8. 5 bad habits I have, youtubing, using the word "like", cluttering rooms, putting off my homework readings, not staying in contact with people like I should.
9. 5 shows I like, The Office, BBC news, general conference, so you think you can dance?, and the original TV series of Mission Impossible.
10. 5 things I hate doing, entertaining guys that feign interest in me but really want to date one of my roommates, eating deep fried anything, hearing the poem "footprints in the sand" recited anywhere! (I'm just going to add "Saturday's Warrior" in with this one as well), paying tuition, talking art or literature with people who have limited interest in either but with strong, uninformed opinions on both (sorry if that one sounds mean, I couldn't think of how else to word it!).
11. 5 biggest joys of the moment, Analydmo, general conference, talking about Post-Modernism, curlers, watching old people on campus and at the MTC -- especially old men in houndstooth hats and bowties.
9 comments:
I love it! I am proud you still seek to maintain your "supposed" non-conformity. I have, however, decided H.D. was a fraud... haha
Sooooooooooo
Am I classified as the old friend you don't keep in contact with, but should, or the guy that feigns interest to get at on of your roommates?
John, I think H.D. was a fraud as well. And William, what makes you think you're one of the people I would refer to on my "things I hate" list. Come on now . . .
I am glad to know I am not the only person that is a strong Christian that has a hard time with the footprints poem!
I can't think of anyone less manly than Josh Groban, except maybe Hillary Clinton. Wait, that doesn't work either...
Love it! I saw an older man at General Conference (at the conference center) sitting on a bench, wearing a BYU hoodie. It made me smile!
Mo,
This isn't really a comment on you post. We just had a question but couldn't find your email address. Rebecca is trying to log onto the server in the HFAC computer lab to get additional fonts, but the password she used to know doesn't work anymore. Do you know how to log onto it? If you could help us, that would be great. You could just email us back nateandrebeccascott@gmail.com
-Nate and Rebecca
My freshman year journal has that footprints thing on the front of it. It brings a strange sadness to my life to think my mom purchased that for me. It makes me even more depressed to think I might have bought it myself.
You stay in contact with me, and always will, or else . . .
Post a Comment