Sunday, November 18, 2007

25 Days of Mo

Fifth day of Mo, early morning. You only turn 25 once in your lifetime. It's an important time, being a quarter of a century old. All this gave me a brilliant idea -- why not spread out the joy for twenty-five days? I don't think this would ever really have flown if I'd been at home or with roommates who loved me any less, but here I am now. I have just celebrated the fourth day of Mo and am now looking forward to celebrating the fifth. This means every day my roommates have done special acts of extra kindness for me.

Day 1, Lydia bought me maple cookies and frozen burritos, and we hung a sign in the kitchen.

Day 2, Mary gave me some applesauce and I bought a "new to me" guitar at the D.I. (it's lovely) and Lydia bought me dinner at the Bombay House (also lovely).

Day 3, I went to see my family in Spanish Fork, and they (though unknowing of the 25 days of Mo) gave me a new coat. I explained the whole 25 days thing later. After that we had Open Mike Night here at Yellow House with "happy birthday" played to me on the saw by a young artist named Anthony from San Francisco. He and his girlfriend Autumn were just passing through and ended up at our house almost by chance. Crazy story, great people.

Day 4, Analiesa awoke me bright and early and read me "You are Special" in bed. Then, later on that night, she had the entire ward sing "Happy Birthday" to me at ward prayer . . . 21 days in advance.

All in all, it's been joyous. And it has made me aware of small acts of kindness that really do mean a lot to me. It has also left me with a whole lot of things to be thankful for this Thursday. It feels good when people show you their love.

4 comments:

Myra Bybee said...

In honor of 25 days of Mo, I have tagged you on my blog! So now we can learn 6 interesting things about Mo!

musky ferret said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
musky ferret said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
musky ferret said...
This comment has been removed by the author.