Fact: While loading pictures onto my computer from my September 29, 2009 jaunt up the Alpine Loop, I came across a folder in Lightroom from September 29, 2008 with pictures from a similarly lovely outing last year.

Last year, I was with Analiesa, Brygn, Sarah, Lia, Weston, Dinah, Chandler, and Sandy. This year, I was with my friend Katie followed by a reprise later with Adriana, Kortni, Lydia, Analiesa, Sarah, and Janise.


Perhaps I should make this into a yearly fall-time tradition. Any takers? Anyone want to make a date nearly a year in advance to go on a drive/hike up the Alpine Loop and take photographs, play guitar, read, sit on blankets, collect and press leaves in an old phone book, smell the leaves and dampness, see the old couples with their sun visors and matching Nikon cameras? You know you want to . . .


4 comments:
oh man, I LOVE all those things you just described! Fall is lovely here too with all the grand maple and oak trees. Too bad it is raining again. I think that means our Indian Summer is officially over.
Let's see... next year in the fall I will be... I don't know. It depends on whether Eric gets a research grant for next year or not. So, we'll either be in the throes of research or starting 4th year. Either way, don't think we'll be out your way. Enjoy the photo opp, though! Sounds lovely.
You can count me in for a jaunt in the woods on a crisp fall day. Maybe you could teach me a new song on the guitar. The only song I really know how to play is "Wild Thing."
Lydia looks so cute in her hobo/train hat.
Pssst.
Come to Seoul.
i love those photos. i love those people.
Post a Comment